Introducing Budget Travel Guides where you can get travel tips on things to do, places to eat, where to stay, and general travel advice on countries, cities, events, and places.
Do you love to travel? How much time do you spend researching your next travel destination? Many people read travel guides, blogs, and articles for hours to get a list of activities and information on destinations.
However, where can you get travel information that will help you save money and give you a great travel experience?
Budget Travel Guides will give you travel tips on activities, transportation, places to eat, where to stay, and how to meet locals while saving you money when you travel.
Budget Travel Adventures was established to help people “travel passionately, spend wisely, and experience more.” There are many ways Budget Travel Adventures can help you travel.
What are the goals of Budget Travel Guides?
1) help you save money when you travel
2) show you how to get the most out of your travel experience.
Budget Travel Guides – 5 travel tips for every destination
Planning a trip is one of my favorite things about travel. I love finding the best deals and sharing travel tips with people.
I want to help you save time and money when you travel.
Connecting with locals enriches your travel experience. Your best travel experiences may not be the places you see but the people you meet.
I want to help you create some of your best travel experiences.
Food, Lodging, and activities are a part of every vacation. While travel styles vary, I want people to get the most out of their travel budget whatever you do.
I want to help you plan your trip.
To help you travel, here are the travel tips for the Budget Travel Guides series.
5 travel tips in every travel guide
- Connect with locals
Each guide will include these travel tips as well as other helpful information for your travels. Use these travel tips to save money and create your best travel experiences.
Where will the Budget Travel Guides series go?
There are four types of places covered in this series:
- Countries or regions
- Major events (i.e. Olympics, World Cup, International festivals, etc)
- National landmarks and parks
What topics will the Budget Travel Guides cover?
There are five specific areas each guide will cover – transportation, lodging, food, activities, and connecting with locals. Guides may also include tour information, volunteer travel opportunities, Wi-Fi and internet access, special events, general travel tips, and more.
What the Budget Travel Guides will not cover – history and overview of a country, sample itineraries (check out Unanchor for multiple day itineraries for cities around the world), politics, and government policies.
These travel tips will give travelers a general overview of destinations covering a wide range of travel topics. While a number of restaurants, tours, hotels, and other activities may be included, these guides will not be an exclusive paid advertisement for a particular brand to promote their product.
Who will write the budget travel guides?
A few months ago, I wrote my first travel guide – the ultimate Slovenia travel guide. On my College Football Travel Tour, I’ve done a lot of research on hotels, restaurants, and activities. Here is what I learned:
- A good travel guide provides practical, easy to use information
- A good travel guide can be long (as long as it’s useful) but not too long
- I haven’t gone everywhere but still want to help people travel
Maybe this isn’t news to many people. However, I need help writing these guides.
Who can write a budget travel guide?
- Travel bloggers
- Travel writers
- People in the travel and tourism business
If you want to write a budget travel guide, tell me what type of destination you want to cover. Budget Travel Guides can be written by anyone. However, the guidelines for writing a guide must be followed.
Companies may sponsor budget travel guides but strict adherence to the guidelines is required.
How much will the budget travel guides cost?
All guides are free. You can get every budget travel guide sent right to your inbox by signing up for the Budget Travel Adventures newsletter (also free!).
Budget Travel Guides requirements
If you are interested in writing a budget travel guide for a destination, here are the requirements for each guide:
- Choose a destination – country or region, city, event, national park/landmark
- Include all 5 travel categories – transportation, lodging, food, activities, and connecting
- Tips should help people save money in at least one travel tips category
- Each guide should be a minimum of 800 words, maximum of 2,000 words
- Maximum of 2 links to your blog or site, at least 2 links to other external sites
- All photos should be copyright of author
- All submitted posts are subject to format and editing
- Authors agree to the free distribution of these guides and photos in multiple formats
Travel the world with the Budget Travel Guides series
The Budget Travel Guides series is my way of helping people travel around the world. The guides focus on the aspects of travel I love and enjoy. Simply put, these budget travel guides will help people travel passionately, spend wisely, and experience more.
Check out the first Budget Travel Guide to see what these guides are all about – Australia on a Budget.
If you want to contribute to this series, send me an email and let me know what destination you want to write for the Budget Travel Guides series!
Latest posts by Jeremy Branham (see all)
- I am retiring from travel blogging but Budget Travel Adventures continues - July 20, 2013
- A sacrebleu Sacre Coeur sunset - July 12, 2013
- 4th of July, a different side of me, and a world domination summit in Portland - July 10, 2013