Are you a man’s man who likes to watch guys throwing heavy objects around? Do you like the days of men wearing armor and carrying big swords and weapons?
Have you ever pictured yourself as William Wallace, aka Braveheart, and just screamed “FREEDOM!” at the top of your lungs? (I don’t want to know what you were wanting freedom from and of course, being a martyr isn’t the way many of us want to meet our end – but isn’t it fun?)
If all of this and some good food, dancing, and a little culture sound like fun, I have the place for you – the 136th Sacramento Valley Scottish Highlands Games and Gathering on April 28 and 29.
For those of you still not convinced you should go, check out my story from the 135th Sacramento Scottish Highlands Games and Festival. I tell you why I loved this event and share my photos from the Scottish festival.
Are you still not sure if you should attend?
OK, so here’s my final offer – free tickets to the 136th Sacramento Scottish Valley Highlands Games and Gathering!
Scottish country dancing, the Scottish Highlands Games, Scottish animals on display, whisky, sheep herding demo, music, fiddlers, food, parades, and MUCH MUCH more.
These are just a small selection of events that will be happening on Saturday and Sunday and you can check out the full schedule of events taking place at the Sacramento Scottish Games and Festival website.
All events will take place April 28 and 29 from 9 am until 5 pm at the Yolo County Fairgrounds in Woodland. On Saturday, there is a special Ceilidh dinner (tickets are extra for this event, $11 for kids, $17 for adults) that follows the games and regular festival activities.
|Admission||Gate 1 Day||Gate 2 Day||Online 1 Day||Online 2 Day|
|Military (with id)||FREE||FREE||FREE||FREE|
However, you don’t need to pay if you win free tickets!!! So how do you enter?
How to win free tickets to the Sacramento Scottish Games and Festival
To enter and win, please note the following rules:
- In the comments, tell me why you want to go, how many tickets you want (up to 4), and leave a valid email address
- Become a fan on Facebook.
- Get an extra entry to the contest by tweeting, get 3 extra entries by liking and sharing on Facebook.
- Contest runs through Tuesday, April 24 5 pm
- Winners will be selected at random using Rafflecopter.
- Winners are guaranteed at least two tickets to the event (up to a possible four)
- Email notifying the winner will be sent after 5 pm on Tuesday. Winners must respond by Tuesday, April 24 11:59 pm with their address so tickets can be mailed on Wednesday
- If the winners have not responded by the deadline, a new winner will be chosen and must respond by Wednesday, April 25 12 pm.
- If necessary, communication can take place via phone as well to obtain winner’s address for tickets.
- Tickets must be mailed by Wednesday to ensure that the tickets are received by Friday
So enjoy a little taste of Scottish culture, games, dancing, and food as you enjoy the 136th Sacramento Scottish Highlands Games and Festival. And maybe I will see you there!
A special “thank you” to Randy Russell (Games Manager) for providing the tickets to the event. The Caledonian Club of Sacramento has run the Sacramento Valley Scottish Highlands and Gathering every year since 1877.
Athletes compete in the Sacramento Scottish Highlands Games
Bagpipes play at the Sacramento Scottish Highlands Games